Tuesday, March 8, 2016

Christmas Reflections

By Chief Mark Gould

Christmas is a special time for most of us. I’m siting hear on my job thinking about the blessings and struggles that made me who I am today. 

Yes at 72 I’m still willing and able to work. All of my life I’ve done things the hard way, I’ve been stubborn and have always been a rebel because I thought everyone was against me because of who I am. In school, in the army and for most of my life I carried that chip on my shoulder. Even though everywhere I went I found friends, real friends I didn’t recognize the real blessings and how blessed my life was. Don’t get me wrong I believe that the trials were for a purpose. 

These thirty nine years in service to my people and to my Jesus I feel could not have happened without life’s lessons. I thank you Jesus. My favorite saying is that if I were to leave this life now life owes me nothing, but thinking on it now I still owe. I am truly grateful. If you believe that if your mission is from God it has no ending. 

Many times when the task has been overwhelming I ask the Creator for guidance, understanding, patience and the will and strength to fulfill his mission. Sometimes strife and despair keep you from recognizing when He has you in his arms, but I’m sure that we could not have survived as we have without His protection. 

This Christmas, sit back and think about how you’ve been blessed and share by giving love and compassion to those that come into your path. The rewards far outweigh anything that you can imagine. 

Merry Christmas. 

I still love and there’s  nothing you can do about it.